I am Associate Professor (since June 2016) at Universidad de los Andes School of Management, in Bogota, D.C., Colombia. I also hold honorary positions at both Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia as Professorial Research Associate, and at the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom as Thesis Supervisor of the Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) program. I was visiting researcher at Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds (UK) under a Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowship, within the 7th European Community Framework Programme (project “DISRUPT”, grant No. ESR- 299255), between April 2013 and October 2013, and at Henry Fayol Institute, Dept. PIESO, of Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Étienne, France, between September 2011 and January 2012, where I developed research about urban logistics.
You can read here an article published in “El Espectador” (in Spanish), a newspaper from Bogotá, Colombia. Click here.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Operations Research Perspectives, the Latin American Journal of Management for Sustainable Development, Revista GEPROS, and the journal Ingeniería y Desarrollo.
- Editor of the contributed book “Hybrid Algorithms for Service, Computing and Manufacturing Systems: Routing and Scheduling Issues” (see book webpage)
- Guest Editor of special issues for: International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (Vol. 2, No. 2, April 2009), Annals of Operations Research (Vol. 181, No. 1), Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing (Vol. 22, No. 5, 2011), International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering (Vol. 13, No. 3, 2013), International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management (Vol. 62, No. 8, 2013), Journal of Cleaner Production (Vol. 105, October 2015), and Logistique et Management (Vol. 22, No. 1, 2014).
- Co-editor of the Proceedings of the 2010 Winter Simulation Conference, held in Baltimore, USA, December 5-8, 2010.
- Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds, UK (March 2013 – October 2013). See here.
- Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Metz (France), Laboratoire de Génie Industriel et de Production Mécanique de Metz (november – december 2012)
- Ecole des mines de Saint-Etienne (France), Institut Henri Fayol (sept. 2011-january 2012)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge (USA) within the Center for Transportation and Logistics (May 2010)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Monterrey (México), Faculty of Chemical Sciences (October-November 2009)
- Ecole Centrale Paris (France) within the Chair in Supply Chain (January 2009).
Prior to joining Universidad de los Andes, I was Associate Professor (2007-2013), then Full Professor (2013-2016) in Logistics and Operations Management at Universidad de La Sabana, and previously Assistant Professor (2006-2007) at the Faculty of Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia. I also worked as Automation Engineer (research) within the 300mm Manufacturing Program team at STMicroelectronics, Rousset, France (2003-2005), Research Assistant (“chercheur-stagiaire”, 2000-2002) at G-SCOP lab (formerly Laboratoire GILCO), Grenoble, France, and earned the posts of Process Controller at Muebles Jamar and Assistant Production Engineer at Smurfit Cartón de Colombia, both enterprises located at Barranquilla, Colombia. At Universidad de La Sabana I also acted as Director of Research at the School of Economics and Management Sciences (Oct. 2012 – March 2013), Director of the Master in Operations Management (July 2010 – March 2013), and Director of the undergraduate program on Logistics Management and International Marketing (Jan. 2007 – July 2009) and Head (Jan. 2007-May 2016) of the Operations & Supply Chain Management Research Group (during my leadership, ranked A1 by Colciencias).
I have been Part-time Lecturer at Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne (France), Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Saint-Etienne (France), Universidad EAFIT (Medellín, Colombia), Escuela Colombiana de Ingeniería Julio Garavito (Bogotá, Colombia), Universidad del Norte (Barraquilla, Colombia), Universidad de los Andes (Bogota, Colombia), Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Bogota, Colombia).
My academic background:
I hold the Habilitation Diploma for research direction (Dr.-Hab. or HDR) in Sciences with specialization in Logistics and Operational Research (2011) from Institut National des Sciences Appliqués (INSA) de Lyon and Université Claude Bernard Lyon I (France), a Ph.D. (2005) from Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Saint-Etienne, (France), a M.Sc. (2002) from Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (France), and the Industrial Engineer degree (2000) from Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla (Colombia).